Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Burning the Midnight Oil

It's almost 2 a.m. and I have not been able to fall asleep yet...

Lord, I surrender myself completely to You. If You have me awake to intercede for those who are on the front lines of the battlefield, so be it! You are here with me, while I sit in the comfort and warmth of my own home. You are also thousands of miles away with the precious people of Haiti and the thousands of relief workers who are giving their hearts and souls to save lives. Lift them up tonight, Lord. For those who are resting, flood them with peace and keep them safe through the darkest hours of the night. For those who are burning the midnight oil, operating and taking care of wounded souls, keep them alert and on guard. Ease the pain and suffering of the hundreds of thousands who are wounded. Oh, God, I cry out for Your mercy, touch bodies and bring healing that can only be explained by the power of Your hand.

I ask for salivations to come forth from this tragedy. You are God alone, only You can make something beautiful out of something so ghastly. Bring people to their knees, I pray that they would cry out for Your mercies and forgiveness. I ask that You touch the hearts of military, medical and relief personnel, I pray that many will come to accept Your gift of salvation even as they offer their gifts of service.

Be glorified! Be exalted! You are the one and only TRUE GOD. Show Your power, oh God, all over that land! Break the powers of darkness, dispel it with Your light. Darkness cannot stand in the presence of light! Break the curses and powers of voodoo, in the name and by the blood of Your precious Son, Jesus! Jesus came to set this people free! I pray that they would reach for Your freedom, Your truth, Your light...

No comments:

Post a Comment